Ask Talent is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Ask Talent may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 30th April, 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
– name and job title
– contact information including email address
– demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
– other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
All personally identifiable data will be deleted after a period of 12 months if there is no legitimate interest.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
– Internal record keeping.
– We may use the information to improve our products and services.
– We may periodically send promotional emails about new vacancies or candidates or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
– From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or phone. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Ask Talent collects statistical information about visitors to our website to ascertain which areas and services are accessed most frequently, which helps us to understand how we can continually improve the website experience for our visitors. We sometime use marketing profiling to help us offer you the best service by identifying jobs that may be of interest to you.
Please see our Cookies policy which explains how we are compliant with GDPR 2018.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
– Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
– If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at GDPR@asktalent.co.uk
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to GDPR@asktalent.co.uk
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at GDPR@asktalent.co.uk. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Option for further communications:
If you opt in to receive communications from us, we will ask you to give your explicit consent to receiving such communications and this consent will authorise us to process your data. We will also ask you for certain optional additional information for marketing purposes.
You can withdraw your consent at any time in one of the ways described below or by replying “unsubscribe” within the email header on any emails we send you. Once you do this, any personal data of yours will be deleted permanently from our records.
Protection of your personal information:
We will not use your personal data other than for the purposes described in this notice.
Except as described above, we will not sell your personal data or share it with any third parties.
We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the stated purposes.
We will take all reasonable and necessary technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data.
Your rights under the GDPR include the following:
– The right at any time to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data.
– The right to be informed of what personal data of yours we hold, how we obtained it and how long we intend to keep it.
– The right to have your personal data rectified in the event that it is inaccurate or incomplete.
– The right to request the erasure of your personal data (also called the right to be forgotten).
– The right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
– The right to data portability (i.e. transfer of your personal data to another organisation).
Your rights above can be exercised free of charge by:
– Sending an email to GDPR@asktalent; or
– By telephoning 0161 697 3014 and asking for Sam Kirkham; or
– By writing to us at Bank House, The Paddock, Handforth, Cheshrie, SK9 3HQ
In certain cases, we will need to satisfy ourselves of your identity before we can action a request under the GDPR.
Please note that if it by exercising one or more of your rights it requires deletion of your file, we may not be required or able to do so, especially if your file also holds information about our clients, or tax related information that we need to keep, by law, for a period of up to 6 years. If we are unable to comply with your request we will let you know what the reason is.
If you feel that any of your rights have been infringed, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).